Followers

Just when Ron Lahr thought he was out, The Outworlder brought him back in

THE OUTWORLDER WRITTEN BY NATALIE J HOLDEN Review written by Ron Lahr

WHAT THIS BOOK DOES WELL: How is this book not a best seller?

I read this book because I kept seeing the author's questions and comments in a Facebook writing group. It was obvious from everything she wrote in the group that her worldbuilding was intense and VERY detailed. It made me feel a little bad. I thought I did a lot of worldbuilding but obviously I was not doing enough. Then I thought that maybe all she does is worldbuilding. Maybe her writing would be bogged down with details and forget things like characters and stories? That would make me feel better. Sadly, for me, she did not forget anything. The characters are unique and amazingly well drawn. The story was gripping - I went out and immediately read her collection of short stories set in her same scifi/fantasy world.

And the worldbuilding? Amazing! I would hate her if I wasn't a complete and total fan of her work now. I really enjoyed the mix of sci-fi and fantasy that I now know is called 'Science Fantasy.' Which is a great name! There are aliens and multiple worlds but also magic. Everything is so well thought out and believable that it is hard to comprehend that this is her first novel. The main character has a lot of issues with confidence and interacting with others and it is presented in a very realistic manner. WHY YOU SHOULD CHAMPION THIS BOOK: There are so many things to compliment the author on regarding this book that it is making me mad and jealous so I will just encourage everyone to buy/read this book. It gets my highest ranking, which is Five Cakes! (I love cake). Please write many more things!

YOU CAN GET YOUR COPY OF THIS BOOK HERE YOU CAN CHECK OUT MORE FROM RON LAHR, INCLUDING HIS BOOKS HERE

Comments